In this article you will be able to add the 1X2 meaning to your betting glossary. It is one of the most common types of bet – but what exactly does it mean? Read on to find out and discover the best 1X2 predictions.
What is the 1X2 Meaning in Betting?
If you have visited any online sports betting site you will have seen the term 1X2. It is one of the most common types of betting options, so you should really find out what it means.
It is especially common in football betting, but it can be used with any event where there are three possible outcomes. The 1 is for the home team to win.
The X is for a draw and the 2 is for the away team to win. Where events are held at neutral grounds, the teams involved will be assigned either home or away status.
1X2 Bet Examples
You will see examples of 1X2 bets on every single betting site. It is quite easy to understand, but here are a few examples of our own.
- 1 Manchester United 2.00.
- X Draw 3.00.
- 2 Arsenal 1.00.
In this example, Manchester United is the home side, so they are 1.
The draw, as ever is X. Arsenals is the away team and assigned 2.
If this market was listed as part of a Premier League section you might have the fixture and the odds displayed like this:
Bet on 1X2 in Zambia
Get 100% on first deposit up to 2000ZMWT&C's: 18+. This offer is only available to new GSB players upon registering their accounts for the first time and is not recurring. Bonus amount : 100% from first deposit Up to 2,000 ZMW in Free Bet. Minimum total odds of 3.0, x3 wagering. Wagering must be completed within the first 30 days after your first deposit. Your Free Bet bonus maximum net payout is 10,000 ZMW. T&Cs Apply. Visit site
- Intriguing Bonus
- Different Sports Disciplines Available
- Great Odds
Bet K10 on football - GET a K10 FREE BET!18+. Place a multibet of K10 with combined odds of 2.00 or more on any sport. Maximum winnings from the Free Bet are limited to K500. Terms apply. Visit site
- Live betting option
- Mobile friendly website
- Supports MTN and Airtel
NEW CUSTOMER OFFER: Get 100% Welcome bonus up to K200018+. Minimum deposit is 1 ZMW. Place 3 bets with a stake equal to your first deposit amount. Complete the 3 bets within 30 days. Each bet must have minimum odds of 3.00. T&Cs Apply. Visit site
- Live betting feature
- Top quality odds
- Live chat
Open Account OfferUp to $30 in Bet Credits Min deposit requirement. Bet Credits are available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. Visit site
- Live Streaming and Live Sports Betting Available
- Android and iOS Version of the App
- Great Customer Support Service
1X2 and Over/Under Meaning
These are two different, but very common, betting options. The 1X2 refers to the outcome of an event, as we saw above. But you can also bet on totals.
It could be the number of goals or even red cards. Instead of vetting on the exact amount of goals or red cards, many online betting sites will offer an over/under market.
The over/under betting is when you bet on either over the amount in the betting market, or under.
1×2 Meaning in Betting Review
1X2 betting is probably one of the first types of bet you will place, so it is important to understand the 1X2 betting meaning. Once you have mastered it you can move on to other betting markets.
But it is likely that you will return to 1X2 betting time and time again, as it is so common. As with any bet there are advantages and limitations though.
Here are a few pros and cons to consider.
1X2 Betting Pros
- Easy – 1X2 bets are incredibly easy to understand. If you have even the most basic grasp of how sports events work you will know that there has to be a winner or a draw if there are three possible outcomes in the sport. One of the teams or players has to be the winner, so denoting them with 1, X, and 2 makes everything very simple.
- Availability – You will see 1X2 betting markets absolutely everywhere. They are the first betting markets you see on any site. It doesn’t matter what sport they are for, as long as there are three potential outcomes, betting sites will offer the market.
1X2 Betting Cons
- No Over or Extra Time – Unless it is specifically mentioned, the 1X2 outcome only applies to the regulation time of the game or event. That is why there can be a draw – or X – option. This bet does not take into account any overtime or extra time and therefore doesn’t always mean you are betting on the winner.
- Low Odds – As there are only three options for an event’s outcome, you may find that the odds are not that good. Many events will have a distinct favourite and underdog, so a single 1X2 bet might not actually bring in a lot of returns.
- Not All Sports – As 1X2 betting applies only to sports that are able to end in a draw or a tie, it means that there are some sports you cannot use this bet for. Tennis or horse racing, for example, will not have 1X2 betting markets.
A 1X2 bet in football is giving you three options for the outcome of the game in regulation time. 1 for the home side to win, X for the draw, and 2 for the away team to win.
A 1X2 bet in hockey is exactly the same as with football. That is why it is such a good bet to understand – it can be used in many sports.
Again, this bet is predicting the outcome of an event with three possible outcomes.
Not usually. Unless specifically mentioned, a 1X2 bet will not include overtime.